Saturday, June 30, 2012

Love Covers All

This week has been rough.  Professionally and personally things have been cray and it's left me very hurt and angry.  Like I'm not sure who I can or should trust.  It's this same feeling that causes me to pull back from people because just as I think I can trust someone something happens that leaves me hurting, insecure, and confused.

But I also realize I'm capable of causing that same kind of hurt to others.

And just as I need and desire their forgiveness, I'm choosing to do the same.  It's quite unintuitive.  My feelings call out for revenge and recompense.  But I know that's not right by any stretch of the imagination.  So I'm choosing to walk in forgiveness and not let these feelings take over.  I'm choosing to acknowledge the hurt and pain so that I don't do the same to another.  I'm choosing to love because I can see their actions, though ugly, stem from hurt and insecurity.

Let the past sleep, but let it sleep on the bosom of Christ. Leave the Irreparable Past in His hands, and step out into the Irresistible Future with Him. -Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment