Friday, June 15, 2012



Yesterday kicked off the official start of my 30 Before 30 list.  And I promptly did nothing from the list.  I mean, come on it was my birthday! :)

Without further ado here is my list.  I'm sure I'll probably adjust things as my goals change, time gets short, I become more realistic and can't get things done, but for the moment here she is!

1. Run a half marathon.  (Completed April 2012)
2. Be conversational in Spanish. (After growing up in TX and having taken tons of Spanish classes from 6th through college, I'm still not fluent.  That. Will. Change.)
3. Own a pair of bona fide natural pearls. (I love mine, but they're cultured not natural.)
4. Read the entire Bible.  (I've done this once in high school, but I admit it was a little suspect.  I think I skimmed more than I actually read and understood.  And I definitely don't remember enough to warrant claiming having done this.)
5. Host a legit movie marathon.  And convince my friends to make it a full fledged slumber party :)
6. Get certified to carry a concealed handgun.
7. Learn how to pick a lock and break into somewhere.  (It'll probably be a friend's house as I don't want to go to jail, but break in I will!)
8. Crash a stranger's wedding.  (I'm not sure where this idea came from, but I've already secured a partner in crime!)
9. Go to the airport and just fly somewhere.
10. Buy a really nice dress and got out for a ridiculously expensive dinner/evening out.
11. Visit an acupuncturist. (The thought of needles in my face scares me, as it should, but I'm still very intrigued!)
12. Pet a tiger.  (There's a wildcat sanctuary somewhat near me.  It's gonna happen!)
13. See a show on Broadway.
14. Make something with my sewing machine.
15. Send someone a note in the mail at least once a month. (I'm hoping to do this more than once a month, but let's be realistic here.)
16. Read at least 10 books from this list. (Yes, I realize it's Wikipedia, but all the lists I came across this one seemed the best.  Or at least better than some of the others.)
17. Find and wear a bikini next summer.
18. Take a train ride somewhere.
19. Have the ability to go out to dinner with friends and pay for everyone's meal.
20. Make souffle.  (I had the most ah-mazing Tupelo Honey Souffle at the Gaylord Hotel in Orlando back in February.  And I'm going to TRY and recreate that decadent amazingness.)
21. Plant, grow, and keep a pot of hydrangeas alive. (I really should give up on trying to grow things, but one more try!)
22. Try a class that isn't typically "me."
23. Do at least one selfless, and if possible anonymous, thing a month.(Again, the goal is more than once a month, but I'm going to start small and work my way up!)
24. Meet and get a picture with someone famous.
25. Hike the Appalachian Trail. (Definitely not the entire thing, but enough to say I actually spent __ days hiking.)
26. Be proficient at playing at least one of these-golf, chess, tennis, poker, checkers...
27. Run a second half marathon and get my time under 2:30.
28. Journal every day about something I'm thankful for/blessed by/encouraged, etc.
29. Memorize a Scripture verse a week. (I may have to go old school and put the verse to music.  Apparently all the verses I learned were set to song and I usually have to sing to remember the entire verse.)
30. I'm keeping this one open for good measure...

No comments:

Post a Comment