Jesus is teaching me about grace. It's blowing the perceptions I've held right out of the water. I'm realizing that I don't understand it at all, I still haven't fully accepted it, and I've not extended much of it to others. Theologically speaking, I would consider it a basic tenet of Christianity; yet 22 years into this journey of mine and I've still not even begun to know what it looks like. Much less embrace it and live it out.
But I woke up today with a better understanding of it than I ever have. And it literally made me smile even before I opened my eyes.
And it's through the lense of this newfound nugget of understanding that I want to read and listen to every sermon, verse, and hymn that mentions grace. I have literally become enraptured with this trait, this gift, this facet of God. So much so, that I went to the library and checked out Philip Yancey's book "What's So Amazing About Grace?" in an effort to better understand. I want, no, I need someone to flesh out all that's running through my head, to help me think it straight. I can't wait to dive in!
No comments:
Post a Comment