“To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men.” A.W. Tozer
This quote aptly sums up something my mom and I have recently talked about, something I've been struggling to walk out. My life has been about having friends, being accepted by others, not rocking the boat. I've lived in a small cubicle of space when God tells my heart I'm meant to live unbound and free. I've fettered myself to a prison wall of my own sins...fear, insecurity, self loathing, pride.
This day I'm choosing to walk in the freedom He has given me, to be opposite of my peers, to live differently from what society says is the norm for my demographic, to not be afraid to be who He called me to be and to do what He calls me to do...even if it means losing everything. I've lost much this year yet He has stayed constant. His love never fails.
Abba, may I not lose sight of my eternal home for comfort on this temporary Earth. Continue to take from what I use as an idol. I surrender my life to You. I give up my life for You, that I may one day find it again. Create in me a pure heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment