I'm of the opinion that you just don't talk politics, money, or religion with people. In my experience it never ends well. Okay, maybe I don't actually write off entire institutions because of a few bad conversations, but I'm very particular who, when, and where I discuss these topics. That said, I won't be discussing them here either. There are far too many people who are paid much more than I who do it so much better.
But I will encourage you,, if you're a registered voter in NC (which everyone should be!), to read both sides of the argument of "Amendment One" or "The Marriage Amendment" as it's been called both. Voters will see the following on the ballot come May 8th:
"Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State. This section does not prohibit a private party from entering into contracts with another private party; nor does this section prohibit courts from adjudicating the rights of private parties pursuant to such contracts."
Voters will then get to choose whether they are "for" or "against" said change.
Again, I will not suggest what side you should vote for. I could, but I personally don't like hearing/seeing my friends preferences online when I can't ask them questions so I won't be following that trend. I've even tried to flesh this out here and my opinion is quite obvious so I deleted it. I'll willingly, in a non-confrontational manner, discuss this and why I plan to vote the way I will, but I prefer to do this in person versus online. But most importantly I want everyone, especially my Christian friends, to pray and vote based on what God is speaking to your heart not based on what you feel the church expects, what your pastoral staff says, what your political party wants, what your friends are doing, etc.
Here are several resources, for and against, this change. Please educate yourself and vote.
These are links in support of the change: Vote For Marriage and NC Values Coalition
These are links in opposition the change: Vote Against and Protect All NC Families
And please don't read anything into the order that I put the for or against links. Something had to come first and something had to come second!
Additionally, here's the link to the NC Board of Elections page that will give you all the info you need on voting locations, hours, and dates for early voting.
So, please, get out there and vote!
No comments:
Post a Comment