I'm not gonna go into it right now. If you're one of the 3 people reading this (counting myself) you know somewhat of what's been going on in my life. And it has actually has gotten more dramatic this week. I wish I could not be the hot mess that I am and just live life with no drama.
But unfortunately that is not the case.
And I'll be very open and allow you to see how much of a hot mess I am.
My roommate Katie has gotten free ProActiv for the last 4 years. It's like they stalk her. Seriously. When she's moved apartments it still shows up. And not with the yellow post office tags saying they got the notice saying she moved. It just comes straight to our house. I seriously think they post people in the bushes because there is no simply no other way for them to know where she lives 4 years after cancelling her ProActiv subscription. Oh, did I not mention that part!?! Her mom ordered it for her and then cancelled it at Katie's request because it was coming too fast for her to use it up. So her mom cancelled the membership yet Katie gets a new box every 3 months. Without paying for them. It's usually pretty funny because depending on where I am when they come, and I often set them in strategic places because it makes her so angry, I can hear the cussing. Quite funny! For me anyway. :)
But it got a whole lot less funny when I used a box I found in our house. Yes, I found it. They usually get shoved in random places. Anyway, this particular Tuesday night I used the ProActiv to wash my face around 11pm and then went to bed. When I woke up my eyes were swollen. Not horribly bad, but enough that I didn't want to leave the house. My dad said it looked like I had bad botox. :/ So I stayed home all day. Around 2pm, I got out of the shower and realized my eyes were getting worse so I took a Benadryl, know I normally have to take Walmart brand allergy pills because one Benadryl will knock me out all day. As I was walking back to blow dry my hair my mom walked in and was shocked by "how bad your face looks!" She asked if I needed to go to urgent care. I brushed it off and said I'd taken a Benadryl and should be fine. She made me take another one and I went to blow dry my hair.
As I was blow drying, I realized I was seeing less and less. And from what little I could see, I saw my neck was also starting to swell and turn red. So I went back into the kitchen to tell my mom as soon as I finished drying my hair, vain I know, but you don't know how big my hair gets when it air dries, I needed her to take me to urgent care. She turned around because I started talking as soon as I got around the corner and physically jumped. My face had swollen ridiculous amounts in the 20 minutes since taking the Benadryl. It was very unpleasant to say the least.
So she took me to urgent care. That fun little trip involved the doctor telling me I looked Chinese because of my little eyes. Please don't make jokes when my face looks like this! I ended up having taken 2 Benadryl at home, a Benadryl shot "on steroids", and an actual steroid. And then a prescription for an anti-histamine and a z pak of steroids. After all those meds my body finally started reacting to them and my dad practically carried me in the house. They, my parents, said I just kept saying my arms and legs were too heavy to move. I ended up looking like Sloth from "The Goonies" for about 2 days before my eyes and neck returned to normal size.
Lesson Learned: Don't use ProActiv and don't tease your roommate about all the free ProActiv she gets. The payback is no bueno. Just take a look.
But it got a whole lot less funny when I used a box I found in our house. Yes, I found it. They usually get shoved in random places. Anyway, this particular Tuesday night I used the ProActiv to wash my face around 11pm and then went to bed. When I woke up my eyes were swollen. Not horribly bad, but enough that I didn't want to leave the house. My dad said it looked like I had bad botox. :/ So I stayed home all day. Around 2pm, I got out of the shower and realized my eyes were getting worse so I took a Benadryl, know I normally have to take Walmart brand allergy pills because one Benadryl will knock me out all day. As I was walking back to blow dry my hair my mom walked in and was shocked by "how bad your face looks!" She asked if I needed to go to urgent care. I brushed it off and said I'd taken a Benadryl and should be fine. She made me take another one and I went to blow dry my hair.
As I was blow drying, I realized I was seeing less and less. And from what little I could see, I saw my neck was also starting to swell and turn red. So I went back into the kitchen to tell my mom as soon as I finished drying my hair, vain I know, but you don't know how big my hair gets when it air dries, I needed her to take me to urgent care. She turned around because I started talking as soon as I got around the corner and physically jumped. My face had swollen ridiculous amounts in the 20 minutes since taking the Benadryl. It was very unpleasant to say the least.
So she took me to urgent care. That fun little trip involved the doctor telling me I looked Chinese because of my little eyes. Please don't make jokes when my face looks like this! I ended up having taken 2 Benadryl at home, a Benadryl shot "on steroids", and an actual steroid. And then a prescription for an anti-histamine and a z pak of steroids. After all those meds my body finally started reacting to them and my dad practically carried me in the house. They, my parents, said I just kept saying my arms and legs were too heavy to move. I ended up looking like Sloth from "The Goonies" for about 2 days before my eyes and neck returned to normal size.
Lesson Learned: Don't use ProActiv and don't tease your roommate about all the free ProActiv she gets. The payback is no bueno. Just take a look.
| This wasn't even the worse of it. I could still somewhat see here. It got worse and I looked more and more like Sloth or a sharpei puppy as the day went on. Yikes. |
No comments:
Post a Comment