It's a new year. Wow. I can't believe 2012 is already here.
As I get closer to my 30th birthday, it's next year, I've decided I want to make a Bucket List that will be titled "30 Before 30". I've not gotten very far. I mean this idea hasn't moved beyond wanting to do it...I've still yet to sit down and actually think about it and write it out. But I do know one thing that will be on the list.
I want to complete a race. A half marathon to be exact. Which is convenient because as of Thursday, December 29, I took the plunge. And by "took the plunge" I mean I was shoved in, but it's official either way.
I'm registered for a half marathon in April. And yes, when I say a half marathon I mean running for 13.1 miles...consecutively. WHAT!?!
Anyone who knows me knows I don't run much past 3 miles. Sure, I've often thought about how awesome it would be to push myself mentally and physically to complete an actual race...and how awesome I'd feel being apart of the cool club with a 13.1 magnet on the back of my Jeep (true story). But I've never actually even looked into it much less really considered signing up.
That time of dreaming of the magnet has ended. I will, in 13 short weeks, complete a half marathon...amd buy myself the magnet. I'm hoping somewhere along the way become an avid runner who just hasn't reached her full potential until now. I'm not holding my breath though. At best I'm hoping to lose a couple of pounds and inches, get more muscle definition, prove to myself that I can push through anything with hard work, sacrifice, and dedication, and transform myself from this
to this
Here's to determination, strength, facing fears, and a sense of accomplishment in 2012!


No comments:
Post a Comment