Friday, April 1, 2011

I was just so excited about this meal that I had to take pictures and post them!  Although I'm a very good cook, I rarely do because the time and effort of cooking and then cleaning for one doesn't outweigh the convenience of just eating cereal or a sandwich.  But, if and when I do cook it's for work.  When working 12+ hour days with the our patients, a hot meal is often one of the only good things about my day.  So I cook.

About a month ago I bought chicken thighs solely because they were on sale.  They've been in the freezer since then because I didn't know how to cook them.  Lucky for me I have a recipe book, 365 Ways to Cook Chicken, with a very simple and delicious recipe.

I simply seasoned the chicken with black pepper and placed them on a broiler pan covered with foil.  I mixed honey mustard with a little mayo and covered the chicken.  The recipe calls for you to broil the chicken 12 minutes on each side, coating the other side with the honey mustard/mayo mix when you flip the chicken.  I'll definitely slice/poke holes in the chicken to cook it faster, but it came out great!

As for my side, I peeled and cut 2 sweet potatoes, cored and diced a Granny Smith apple and combined them with dried cranberries.  I mixed it all together with a little brown sugar and put it in a Pyrex.  Added a few pats of butter and in the oven it went until the sweet potatoes were softened.  The recipe actually called to put it all in a Ziploc microwavable steamers bag, but I didn't have any or want to pay for them so I adjusted the recipe.

It was perfection!  Take a look!


Pure deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment