I often get caught up in thinking that only the "important" things, as I deem them, matter to God. But that's not true at all. Take today for instance.
I'm taking an Anatomy and Physiology II class as a pre-req for nursing school. I originally enrolled in a T/R class because the M/W class conflicted with a Microbiology class I needed. I ended up not registering for the Micro class, but kept the T/R A&P. As I was sitting in class last night it occurred to me that I should try to get in the M/W class because it would give me a little more flexibility in my schedule. As it stands, on Tuesdays I leave home about 7:35, work until 5, straight to school, and from school straight to Bible study where the earliest I'd get home is 9:30 or 10...if I didn't stick around and talk. And Thursdays after work was class and then lab until 10:15. And that also meant missing worship and missing "The Office" party with friends. Sad times.
But I "got the idea" to email my professor and call the school to see if I could change my schedule. My prof said I'd need to speak with the department head and the school said it was too late to change. After sharing my reasoning with the Bio department head, via email, said it was too late. I shot back a quick reply saying "oh well, but thank you for your time." She then replied and said I could ask my prof if I could unofficially switch classes. Meaning, all the material is the same so although the school has me enrolled in one class, if it was okay with my prof, I could attend the class that I really wanted. I emailed my prof telling her what the department head said and she said that was okay! Starting next week I'll be in the M/W class...this means I won't be rushing everywhere, I have a good friend in that class which should be fun, and I'll be done with "going" to school on Wednesday night instead of late Thursday night. Yay!
I am humbled and awed that God loves me so much that He places things on my heart that He knows I'll enjoy. If it were in my own strength the emailing might not have gone so smoothly. Or I would have never thought to try to change classes in the first place. But God, knowing the depths of my mind, heart, and soul, knew a schedule change would be something I would take pleasure in. And He gave me the means to pursue that gift.
He amazes me so much. I am constantly in awe of the immeasurable depths of His love towards me. That I most often only barely press into it is such a loss. To know and dwell in the greatness of His glory and love...I can't even begin to imagine what that will be like.
Abba, my desire is to pursue a oneness with You with reckless abandon. May I toss everything aside to be where You are.
No comments:
Post a Comment