Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So I'm cleaning out the virtual closet of all the draft posts I've started about what's been going on in life, but haven't finished.  I'm compiling thoughts and photos to this one post.  It's kinda like my version of a news stations' "around the world in 60 seconds" headline recap.

April 29th. Swoon-worthy. Prince William got married in what can only be described as a fairy tale wedding...at least from the outside anyway. A friend's mom said she still had fond memories of watching the wedding of Charles and Diana with her girlfriends, so we decided to do the same. Although none of us was brave/crazy enough to get up at 3am to watch the wedding, we got together the following Sunday night and had a good ol' fashioned girls night of wedding watching, talking about boys, eating junk food, being silly, and talking about boys. Great night! I will definitely treasure those memories:)



May 1st.  Historical.  Osama bin Laden, the leading force behind the World Trade Center attacks, was found and killed.  As an American who mourned with the rest of the country and world at the mindless deaths of so many brave and innocent people, I was relieved.  Those victims and their families deserved some closure and justice.  But I'm trying to constantly remind myself of the difference between what anyone actually deserves (in light of the Gospel) versus what we think we need/deserve and I found myself praying.

I prayed for the innocent children who were at the compound when the troops can bursting in...I'm sure they were probably scared and confused.  For the wife, who irregardless of her beliefs, tried to protect her husband.  I prayed that, even though I think it seems beyond the realm of possibility, that those people would come to know a God who doesn't promote death and destruction, a God of love, a God who gave Himself for them.

The President and his officials watching the raid.

June 14th.  Wow.  The secret anniversary of my 25th birthday.  It's not that year 25 was so special, but I've simply chosen to remain 25 forever.  I'm kinda like a Lost Boy in that.  It was a nice birthday...I did a little shopping, treated myself to some Starbucks, took a nap, you know the usual raucous birthday celebrations:)  Over the weekend we hit up the beach with some of my favorite people and ended the weekend with me cooking spaghetti for dinner.  I also made my favorite cake...yellow cake with chocolate icing.  In all honesty, it was the ugliest cake I've ever seen.  It kept falling apart as I'd put the icing on it.  So I'd eat that piece and try to add more icing.  As you can guess I ended with some ugly chunks out of the cake.  But it tasted great and I didn't care!

June 25th. Amazing. We went to the Benefit Ball which was raising money for a couple from Summit who will be adopting from Ethiopia. Crazy fun night of dancing with friends! Can't wait until next year!

Hotness.

July 4th. Wonderful. We went to the lake for the long weekend. Lots of eating, playing games, laying around, floating in the lake, and tons of pictures. It was greatness personified. And I mean, look at this amazing group of people...you wish you could be this awesome:) Yay for weekends away with friends!



Gerald had a Eurotrash party to kick off his vaca to Europe. There are more pictures that I'd like to post, but just don't have the room for. Just know it was E.P.I.C. I had a Cheetah Girls skirt that was legitimately a kids, but fit. The top was denim with an embroidered flower and tiered ruffles of leopard print and lace. The ugliest thing EVER created...and I loved it! It will be appearing at some costume party in my future!

The group post dancing.  It was hot as heck in the club hence all the sweat, Billy's transparent shirt, and my giant hair.

Two of my favorite guys:)

Please see the epicness of this skirt.  Thank you Durham Rescue Mission thrift store for helping make this the most awesome party outfit ever!


This last recap brings us to our most recent outing...camping at Pilot Mtn.  I will admit to not being the happiest of campers because of how blazing hot it was...I only slept for about an hour the first night because I was so miserable.  But we hiked, ate, played A LOT of Nerts (my newest favorite game), sweated obscene amounts, bonded with friends, had a couple of serious convos, and had an all around good time.

The group at the top of the mountain.

Owling.  We are equal opportunity fad followers.  But only the cool fads.

Like multi-level planking.
And flamingo-ing.  Yep, we made it up.  And it's gonna go global.

No comments:

Post a Comment