I've casually been thinking of a good and solid New Year's resolutions for this year and I've finally figured it out. Well, at least one. Tonight we celebrated both of my roommates birthdays...one is one the 8th and the other is on the 10th. It was an amazing party! Lots of fun had by all with great decorations, food, and location. All around an amazingly awesome time! But anyway. As I enjoyed the evening, watched them enjoy the evening and then later as we were looking at pictures when we got home, I was just so very grateful to God putting them in my life. I LOVE these girls! They know me and have walked with me through some very difficult situations. They've been supportive, compassionate, and honest. We aren't always crazy by the things each other does, but I always love them. Tonight was another of those times where I was reminded of how much I love them tonight. And how often I keep that to myself.
So that's my resolution for this year. I resolve to be more vocal in my love, support, and accountability of others, to write more cards and letters to let others know how vital and inspirational they are, to challenge and sharpen a sister or brother, to be an encouragement in good times and bad, to give of my time and resources rather than constantly run to and fro, to allow God to minister to His children through me. I thrive in situations where I'm given verbal feedback yet I rarely respond in like manner. This year I will give what I often crave rather than take from another. Not for myself, my ego, or to feel good about what I've done, but for that person who also desires the affirmation of a job well done, who wants to know someone is on their side.
To give unselfishly
to love the least of these
Jesus I'm learning how to live with open hands
All these treasures that I own
will never satisfy my soul
Jesus I lay them at your throne with open hands
I lift my hands open wide
let the whole world see
how you love, how you died, how you set me free
free at last, I surrender all I am with open hands, with open hands
To finally let go of my plans
these earthly kingdoms built of sand
Jesus at your cross I stand with open hands
You took the nails, You bore the crown
You hung your head, Your love poured out
You took my place, You paid the price
so Jesus now I will give my life
No comments:
Post a Comment