Is there a parable that can further explain Christ's love for me in a way that I can better understand it as a single woman?
I was talking to two friends and somehow that question came up. I feel like marrieds and parents have a better hands on grasp of what it means to love. Only a parent can begin to truly understand what it was like when God had to turn His back on His Son. And only a married can relate to being pursued and desired like a bride and groom.
I don't have those experiences. But parents have an entirely different perspective as they have the ability to better understand what God must have gone through when turning away from Jesus because of the sin He took on. And the same for marrieds. Jesus' metaphors of the church being the bride and He the bridegroom mean more to one who has pursued and one who has been pursued.
I don't think He forgot about or is prejudiced against singles. I'm just wondering where is the 'ah hah!' moment that it seems marrieds and parents have that I don't as a single woman?
No comments:
Post a Comment