There are so many thoughts swirling around in my head that I don't think I can get them out in any kind of orderly fashion. I almost want to give up before actually trying.
After much prayer, soul searching, and a hard drive crashing computer virus, I figured out what and how I feel about everything I've been blogging about most recently. Actually, it was a couple I saw at church that God used to usher in His clarity, but the lack of a computer freed up lots of time to make sure it stuck!
This couple, he looked to be of Asian decent and she was white. I was struck by their lack of physical similarities yet their mutual worship of God individually and as a couple. The worship of a God that I also worship. Although I don't know anything about them and their relationship specifically, I was struck by the thought of what God must think about their relationship. I'm fairly certain He doesn't see an Asian man and a white woman, but rather He saw two children worshipping Him and encouraging each other to grow in their knowledge of Him.
It was if I was seeing a glimpse of God's original design for the first time and it was such a beautiful and exotic picture. He created each and every person on this Earth. He doesn't care about skin color, background, finances, degrees, demographics. He only sees the beloved children He created, the children He wants to turn from their sin and seek His presence above all else.
I quite often succumb to caring more about what others think than what God thinks. I'm plagued by and overcome with false societal thoughts and opinions. I fear the struggle with prejudiced thoughts and attitudes is one that will constantly nip at my heels.
But I can say, only by the grace of God, that it's a struggle that won't dominate my life. I better understand what was meant when the adoptive dad said the only history his adopted son needs know is his [the father's]...as the son, a fully loved, completely accepted, and newly grafted branch in the family tree, his history becomes that of his father. The past is of no importance. The only thing that matters is what the father thinks and believes of his child; thus changing everything anyone, even the child, may think of himself. Nothing but my Father defines me. How I rejoice at that thought!
It's all about Him. Glorifying Him. Praising Him. Honoring Him. Representing Him. Sharing Him. Knowing Him.
Oh, that I might live a life that lives up to that...
No comments:
Post a Comment